Friday, June 4, 2010

I am so greatful.....


for sleepless children at 1-30 am in the morning..... 

Not every day, Just Last Night


it had to be one of those crazy days when kids were wild and crazy from the morning till night, they refused to take naps and drove me bananas all day long. It got worse before bed with all the tantrums and meltdowns of restless children that got me wondering how I can handle three in the next little while. They were finally in beds when at 1-30 am Tasia comes into our bed. I let that one slide and went back to sleep. In a couple of minutes AJ walks in I thought :"You have got to be kidding me" no rest in the day or night.

I woke up Jim to get them back into their beds and while still sleeping thought a heard something unusual outside through our open bedroom window. The sound got louder and louder and when Jim came back we realized that we are in trouble. Just as AJ woke us up one of the main lines of the sprinkler system has busted and the water was gushing into our window well in the basement. While going to turn the water off Jim sent me to the basement. Right, the scariest part was left for an impressionable prego wife . I came downstairs with the thoughts of walking in the basement full of water. To my surprise it was dry. The window well just barely started to fill. It must have been minutes since it broke. AJ woke us up at the right moment to save ourselves from he disastrous morning.
As we laid in bed Thanking Heavenly Father the thoughts that were going through our minds :
"Was it LUCK?"- Oh no, it was definitely Heavenly Father's Hand looking after us for which we are so Grateful!!!



Tasia is playing Mom and AJ is actually looks like he would go down for a nap, but we all know that it is all a BIG PRETEND GAME!!! Don't fall for it!!!

1 comment:

  1. That is so crazy. I'm glad your basement didn't flood. Next time the kids are going nuts call me and they can come over here and play!

    ReplyDelete