Friday, October 28, 2011

Our Zion Getaway!!!

Cince life has been more then hectic Jim and I decided to take a little vacation, just the two of us and go to Zion's National Park. We have been there a loot with kids, but we have never attempted the harder strenuous hikes because we had little ones with us. This time, our sweet Mom Susan, sister Carolyn and Dad Steeve watched our crazy rascals while Jim and I enjoyed our time together at Zions.


We had so much FUN!!! I do admit I missed the kids the first night when there was nothing to do but watch TV. I was thinking, My poor Mother in law! But the next day I was grateful that we left them this one time. There is no way we could have done all the hiking we did with those kids.





Our first hike was Angel's Landing. We started out strong. Some of us too strong. The burning out part came about 1,5 hour into the hike where we had to practically save ourselves from falling by holding on to the chains. Never in my life I was so grateful for chains.


Z2



At one moment we stopped to catch our breath and we saw two 60 year old grandmas resting. I was thinking, man, how did they make it here? They are probably so done and ready to go down without going to the top. Little did I know that those grandmas led the way and totally beat us to the top!!! I hope I am that athletic when I am 60!


This is me at the beginning of the hike, still sprinting up.

Z1
 this was the picture that Jim actually wanted to take
z6



z3



This was the passage with drop offs that a lot of people were not willing to do. I am glad we did it, it really was not as crazy as it looked.

z12




Views on the park from the top

z11

Picture of Jim and I taken by awesome grandmas

z7


Me, ready to jump

z10

Another hike- the Narrows that we started to hike


z16
As you can see we were not very ready to hike the river of 50 degrees. Apperantly you have to rent the waterproof gear to make it all the way.
z15

As you can see the water here gets a little bit Deeper, all the way to the waist. This is as far as we went.

z17
 Next year it is going to be our hike #1 to do at Zion's.
z18
z19

1 comment:

  1. You are so stinkin' gorgeous. You could seriously be a model. And adventurous too, I want to be like you when I grow up.

    ReplyDelete