Monday, April 25, 2011

I want to go back ....

Those have been the words out of my mouth pretty much every day


I feel like Hawaii is the only thing I post about but it just makes me happy so I do it anyways. I might need to take a break and catch up on our family life in the next couple off posts and when I won;t have anything to post about I will have to post more pics.




I don't think I will be chronological at this point, we pretty much lost track of days in the middle of the week and that is why I am having a hard time remembering what we did on which day.




The hike to Twin waterfalls was our first hike in the rain forest that looked like jungle. It was so beautiful.
We past many tall banana trees and green shrubs on our way. The destination was this waterfall that we almost had to swim to get to. it was FUN!


Twinfalls1


 Little banana tree



twinfallshike2




twinfallshike3




Twinnfallshike





twinfallsolyaQ



twinfallsfam


Quinn and I one day explored the Pineapple Plantation. 
In our words a Pineapple Farm. Jim did tell me that to grow a pineapple you cut the top of and plant it, another pineapple somehow grows out of that. I think that info went into one ear and out of another. After I visited pineapple plantation I was 100% sure that I saw pineapples on a tree and even told couple of my friends on facebook how they grow, you know 'cause I got all educated on the "Plantation". Well, the same day I realized that what I saw on a tree looked like a pineapple but it was not.


PlantQ1
Plantasion1




Plantasion



Plant&Q


Nature Hike


jungle



Those trees were Humangus


hanaroadbigtrees



naturehike4



The roots paved the way


naturehike2









Another Waterfall





famwaterfall




Another adventure that we got to experience in Maui was a Road to Hana. They call the most beautiful scenic rout in the world. It takes a whole day to do it and we did not have a whole day in our trip where we could leave in the morning and come back at night so we went there twice. First time we had a hard time finding all the waterfalls and hikes because we were too cheap to buy a CD guide. Next day i found out that our hotel land it for free so we took it. I guess if they say you need some kind of a guide for the road you need to listen and not be cheap, huh?



hanabridge






favsunsetcrop1





2 comments:

  1. That is so gorgeous! I can see why you talk, think, and post about Hawaii all the time! I am the same way about Disneyland;) I'm glad you put the new header up! It looks super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing pictures, Ol'chik! That reminds me a lot of our honeymoon with Matt.. i hope we can go back someday with all the kiddos :)
    Road to Hana is amazing and the nature is truly beautiful there... Nice for you guys to have that little vacation for yourselves! :) Miss you!
    We're in St George, maybe we'll go to Salt Lake area one day in May and we will definitely stop at your place to say hello :)

    ReplyDelete