Thursday, January 20, 2011

Life is not so picture perfect

I know I always try to take pictures that reflect the best in life, cute kids, beautiful families, fun times so on and so forth. Perfect is how it looks a lot on the pictures. This post is not about that.



A lot of people I know (most of them are Ukrainian) think that "there are no cats in America and the streets are covered with cheese" that is if you were a cat. But I hope you know what I am saying.  A lot of people think that everything is perfect and beautiful ALL THE TIME  here in U.S. Sometimes when I tell my Mom that we have been sick with strep 3 times this winter she will have something new to tell those naive people who think American children don't get sick. Can you believe it? Well, that is what it looks like from far away. I wish, we wouldn't get sick, I wish my house and car was always spotlessly clean and children looked groomed and not snotty all the time. Well, maybe someone out there, you  have to be really OUT there who thinks that everything is BEAUTIFUL and Perfect but not in my house.




 Last week I felt like giving Tasia a haircut and this is how she looks on a good day, not every day

haircut4


Tasia's new haircut


This is Quinn he is 4 months old now, and he is always that cute :)

Q4monthsst

I enjoy this baby a lot. He just today learned how to blow raspberries

cute




bluest


Quinn loves taking baths, it is my favorite time with him too

bath




Q4monthsst1




We have this ritual that we do with our kids every day before bed. First we read books to them. Then we read scriptures, pray and then we sing their favorite songs to them. They can't go to bed without each of those things.

dadreadingbooks




Now as I said before we got strep again. This is the third time this winter. Sometimes i wonder what i do wrong for us to be sick all the time. Today I come from showering and see this, watching a movie. She is suppose to be laying in bed sick and she does this?



tasiaupsidedown

3 comments:

  1. I have been feeling the same way and Audra mentioned in her blog she is too. With the being so sick and what am I doing wrong. Lana and Brecken have Croup this week. I don't think we are doing anything wrong, I think it's just an exceptionally sick winter with too much crud going around. I think you are such an amazing mom and have the most beautiful family. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definately ready for the sicknesses to go away here too. We've been on ear infection meds for the entire season it seems like. Her haircut...so dang cute, can you come cut Alissa's hair like that lol :) You're little guy is soooo handsome. So glad you're going to be Weston's nursery teacher :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your comment "There are no cats in America" made me think of the "Fivel" movies... do you remember those? Anyway, it is interesting to hear what other people think of America. I wish my life could be more organized, clean, put-together, maybe not exactly perfect, though, where would the fun be in that, right? Sorry about all the sicknesses, I wish you all well. Your family is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete