Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Little Family Vacation

It was the spare of the moment idea, when Jim got Monday Off we had to do SOMETHING! We wanted to get away. There were lots of choices but I am glad we got to Discover Zion's National Park as a family. It started with us brain storming fun things to do Like Lava Hot Springs, Lake Powell(next time we have $2000 to spare to rent a house boat) , I suggested Zion's. It was in our vacation plans last year but we ended up doing something else instead, so there it was Zions. Ok, the decision was finally made, and there we were all of a sudden trying to get all the things together. I am glad we went I was a hassle to pack so fast, but we were on our way Sunday- 2 pm. We left early(so to speak) in hopes to get to the park the same day, but the sun was setting down and we spayed in the hotel till the next morning. I was up and ready at 7 am(unusual for me). I guess excitement did, get me up.


About 9 in the morning we were ready to go. it had not wormed up that much YET. That is why kids were dressed worm and Dad was playing Tuff.





Tasia and her Pringles hand in hand. She still looks clean here. I should have taken the picture of her clothes Before and After. Shortly speaking we had to thow away the pants. The orange stains never came off.



Sweet AJ was so good during the 5 hour drive and the hikes, he was a big sport.

Tasia was being sweet for pictures, we all know how it is in real life;)


In that Huge hurry, I still can't beleive that i fogrot the Telephoto lens. All I had was my portreit 85 mm, and it was very hard to do ceinic shots with. Well, this was the best I got.









Daddy's favourite thing was posing for pictures(wink, wink). I said :"if you want your wife to be happy, you have to stop for pictures).




Our River Side Hike. We saw squirrels THAT WOULD not get off the road, even if you almost run them over with the stroller; deer grazing and walking like they are pet. it was cool to see all the wildlife and get closer to nature.










Playing in the MUD. The snow was just melted, but it did not bug Tasia a bit. I took my feel out of there in 3 seconds, I think they became numb.




Weeping Rock Hike. Beautiful place.


And as a side note, if you want to go to Zion's, make sure you are married, otherwise, it is Jail time


2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad that you finally got your pictures posted! What a blast! I can't wait to go down there with Trent for our romantic getaway this June.

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice vacation and cool pics... i loved the one of you with your lil' man :)))

    ReplyDelete