Monday, March 26, 2012

Getting the charity together and family stuff

Kids are being good so I will blog:

Let's see, where to start. Well everyone is doing good. Tasia is enjoying kindergarten, I love volunteering there as well. Recently Tasia has been moved to level " I" for her reading. I don't really know a ton about all the levels except that her reading books are becoming harder and harder, now she is reading chapters. She is doing really good! What an easy kid - school wise.

AJ is enjoying Joy school,  he is a  kind  that you have to bribe to do his homework. But he is learning. A lot more effort needs to be put here. He is the sweetest kid I know. He is so tender and CUTE!

Quinn is our little trouble boy, but we still love him. He is into everything and everywhere, it is a hard age 18 months. We can't wait until he can communicate a little better.

As for Mom and Dad, we are still working on getting those tickets to Ukraine. We have decided that only some of us are going to be going, probably Olya, Quinn and might be AJ (ticket and taxes prices are outrageous for overseas flight, they have to charge half of the amount of the ticket for taxes). But we are excited!

I have also have some great News! I have got the people together who are going to be helping me with the charity and WE ARE DOING IT!!! So excited to be doing this work! Since I have been finding out more about how to help orphanages and other places I can tell you I am very grateful for American People who sacrifice a lot of time and money for orphans in Ukraine! What a blessing!!! These orphanages are doing SO MUCH better! There are so many programs organized by inspired people! What an example!

I am really excited to get this Charity going and start raising funds and supplies to make a difference in someone ease's life. There is a lot of need in the hospitals particularly. Kids stay there for months and in a lot of cases those kids who are orphans that stay there don't get visited and basically left for the hospital to take care of. Now in Ukraine hospitals ran by the government, so that means that if you don't have any connections, you don't get a lot.

I have been volunteering with this one orphanage by translating the letters from American kids into Russian for the orphans and I have realized a lot of things that we take for granted. Kids with parents go to new places, they see new things, they play sports and go swimming and much more- those are the things orphans don't get to do. But maybe, just maybe we can do something about it to get those orphans running, playing and smiling. I have a lot of ideas now!

No comments:

Post a Comment